While working in the stockroom and as a teaching assistant for the microbiology 222 lab Brother Lee was my boss, and honestly one of the kindest people I have every met. He was constantly thanking me for what I did and was always interested in my life and what I was doing. Plus when he was really happy he would express himself by saying he, he (literally)
So now I can say I have taught a class at BYU I guess (with the trusty aid of pre-made PowerPoint slides.) I have learned effective ways to lecture, I have taught somewhere in the realm of 120 students how to find things under a microscope, light a bunson burner, preform a graham stain, and the list could go on.
It has been a wonderful journey from not understanding microbiology to understand the concepts and drawing real world application. So as my final remarks on the subject- microbes are everywhere, don't eat potato salad on picnics, wear sun sunscreen, wash your hands, a light microscope can differentiate up to .2 nm, and remember the four groups of chemical control (quats, halogens, alcohols, phenols)
So what do I do now, life without microbiology? My cousin Brianna hooked me up with a job in the electrical and computer engineering office as a student accountant, then I got a job as a dietary aid at Trinity Mission Health and Rehab as a dietary aid, and I may go back to Urologyland a day or so each week
The Microbiology classroom
The Stockroom
Oh the smell of the CO2 incubator and culture transfers
The walk in freezer and autoclave
No comments:
Post a Comment