Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hoss, Joe and Skyter Riding



One of the highlights during our Utah trip this year was riding horses with Enoch and my dad up American Fork Canyon. The canyon was absolutely lush with picture perfect clouds on a beautiful overcast day- how I have missed the mountains.

I felt like the man from snowy river as Enoch had us galloping up hills and across meadows. It wass an experience unlike any other feeling the power of a horse, sucking air as I held on for dear life, squinting my eyes as the wind blew by, and grinning from ear to ear as I realized how wonderful life really is.

Enoch proved his knowledge from his horsemanship merit badge (ha, ha) leading the group on good ol' Hoss.This picture made me laugh so I chose it, but in all seriousness, Enoch was a great horse rider

Inches behind Hoss' hind quarters faithful Little Joe followed along with me on his back
Finally, on Skyter (our neighbors horse) my dad gave her a good work out

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! I'm pretty sure you couldn't pay me to go for reals horseback riding. I'm pretty sure I'd fall off. :) Don't you just love heading back to UT to visit family? It's pretty much the best. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete