I am not sure if I can stomach the reality of today, my last "first day of school". You mean I am supposed to grow up soon, do amazing things with my life, make real decisions, and know what I am doing. I remember countless nights before my first day of school where I would delicately lay out my first day of school outfit. I would hang it up to look like a real person, place the shoes and socks underneath, and draw a face on a paper plate to complete the ensemble. Falling asleep was always a challenge as I would fall asleep with butterflies in my stomach as I anxiously anticipated the coming year.
This year was a bit different however, I failed to make a paper plate face, I picked out my clothes this morning, I slept fine, and I had nothing new to wear. However, true to tradition here is my picture from this morning and a vow to never stop learning, to challenging myself in everything I do, to give back and use the knowledge I have gained to bless others, and to forever to promote education. And who knows maybe this isn't my last first day of school, perhaps a PhD will be in my future.

Hooray! Soon you will be master Mills. What awesome bragging rights!
ReplyDeleteGraduation will be a happy time this spring! I hope you have a great "last" year!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!
ReplyDeleteI still don't know what I'm going to do for school (If I'll keep going), but I hope you have a fab year! :) New clothes you don't need at the beginning of the school year. Just buy one outfit every month, and then throw an old one away that you never use :) thats what I do!
ReplyDeleteOh man. I have my last first day next week and I'm sort of feeling the same way. Good luck. You'll be awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou never have to grow up. Pretending you are a grown up is much more fun! Maybe you will be Dr. Mills one day! You rock girl and we are so proud of you. Way to go both of you!
ReplyDelete