Oh, they say when you marry in June,
You're a bride all your life.
And the bridegroom who marries in June
Gets a sweetheart for a wife.
Winter weddings can be gay
Like a Christmas holiday.
But the June bride hears the song
Of the spring that lasts all summer long.
By the light of the silvery moon
Home you ride, side by side
With the echo of Mendelssohn's tune
In your hearts as you ride
For they say when you marry in June,
You will always be a bride.
-June Bride, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
I resent that this song does not sing about December being the best month to be married; however, this June has proved to be the month of marriage. Enoch and I have receptions every weekend in June, all four of them previous roommates. It has been so much fun knowing them and being a part of it throughout all of the magic from first date to engagement.
I love being apart of the wedding days, it is so nostalgic for me thinking back to the first time Enoch and I hung out, when I helped Enoch study for his Anatomy Test and he put is arm around me and I thought my heart was going to explode (after he left I had to sit on the couch and take deap breaths and keep reminding myself that it was real) the many dates to volleyball games, going on Enoch's family vacation, pestering Enoch about getting married, Sunday evening after General Conference when E told me he wanted to bet married in December, going ring shopping, and of course our wedding day. Yah for marriage, the celebration, friends, good food, being able to dance with Enoch, temple sealings, pictures, and being in love!
So as we go I will update pictures from all of the weddings
Mike and Janelle Root
(I totally stole this off of FB, I didn't have any pictures from you reception)
Carly and Chase Thornock
This picture doesn't even come close to how beautiful these two are, Car you looked stunning.
PS who would have thought that June 13th it would downpour
I don't have any pictures from Taylor and Kristen's wedding, but here is a shout out to them.
Finally, Whitlie and Dallin concluded the weddings. The weather cooperated until half way through the reception when the clouds came down over the mountain and within a few short minutes everything was snatched from outside and the party continued in the Murdoch's home.
Whitlie is so beautiful and is also the conclusion of all of us roommates now married! We are of the belief of theNo Roommate Left Behind Act
Also, my very talented mom made her cake and it was beautiful, plus Enoch was an awesome help
The cake in all its glory
In hindsight of all the marriages this month I would like to add a few extra words to this title of this song.... it would go something like, "Oh They Say When You Marry in June- YOU WILL SURELY BE RAINED ON!" You would think that a wedding on June 26th would be safe from rain, but no, not this year. It has been a memorable month with so many wonderful experiences.
Thanks for all of the great memories

I TOTALLY know what you mean about having happy memories of weddings!!! We saw in a cake store that the lowest number of weddings in Utah occurred in January, followed by December. I wonder why... but I do have to say... I got married in January in Salt Lake City, and the sun still shined for me :-D
ReplyDeletePS I felt the same way when Ty held my hand and kissed me the first time. My heart was beating out of my chest!!! And I totally had to pester Ty to get married too ;)
Yea for June weddings! I can't beleive it's already been 3 years since I got hitched! I must say though that your December wedding with the snow was beautiful.
ReplyDelete