Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving



Is there anything worse than moving- no, no, nothing worse I submit. Not only is moving extremely emotional, but it is so much work. We only had a one bedroom apartment and the only furniture to our names is a dresser, a table, 4 chairs, and a foot rest, yet I assure you it was still torture to box everything up, play the puzzle game in loading the cars, and then clean up the apartment.


Beginning a bit inexperienced in the packing department, we have earned ribbons of honor for our sweet packing job and we both could totally see out the windows! Many thanks to my wonderful father for letting us drive his truck to haul our belongings, he is the best. I must admit I felt a small amount like a Beverly Hillbilly with both our Corolla and the truck exploding with everything we own to our names, I should have tied some cans on the outside of the car going from the country to the big city.


Enoch and I are crazy, we always think we can do everything, and so our last day of work was the day we left. Anyhow, we managed to visit our friends and family, paint our furniture, and pack everything the last week in Utah.


Finally, the last great accomplishment is that I drove for the first time longer than one hour. I have never driven on a road trip and have taken quite a liking to the idea of reclining, sleeping, eating, watch movies etc – you know all the glory in being a passenger. So I was thrust into a new role and have now conquered successfully my first trip from Utah to California, not to mention I had to drive through LA (how is that for beginners.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like some crazy fun! I have some pretty interestingg road trip stories from driving Brian and Russel. We'll have to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic adventure. We miss you already. I want to see pictures of the final product when you finish fixing up your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the, Cali!?! Marissa, I'm so glad you found my blog! I also am super impressed with your packing job. Things are going well for me. I don't know if I am really all grown up now that I have graduated, but at least I'm done. I actually am quite the nerd and am sad that I'm not going back. I'm sure that will wear off as soon as Grant starts studying for his first round of tests. Oh man, I love you so much and was so happy to hear from you. Best of luck in California and please keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is Jard
    I love that truck it is cool. I wish it was mine.

    ReplyDelete