Looking back on the past year I feel nothing but sheer joy for the wonderful journey. How could I have imagined in one short year I would be married, buying a car, deciding where my husband goes to grad school, moving to California, remodeling a house, and attending a new school. With all the changes I was getting a little homesick realizing that I was living in an apartment full of boxes and spiders and I would be waking up the following day to the first day of school to fight to get into classes and my birthday. With Disneyland offering free admission on your birthday this year and knowing I would be living in California at the time of my birthday, I tried with great persistence to convince Enoch to take me to Disneyland, but my plan was foiled as the 24th was the first day of his program it appeared all but impossible....My birthday rolls around and Enoch woke up early and made me the traditional breakfast in bed and I set out determined to have a good attitude and make the most of the day regardless of what happened. However, when Enoch and I met at the institute for lunch he informed me that he had an early present he wanted to give me..... he didn't have any afternoon classes and was taking me to Disneyland! Being the sneaky person that I am, I am rarely surprised- but Enoch got me good and I was absolutely stunned. We couldn't get to Disneyland fast enough, I felt like a 6 year old in great pain while Enoch insisted we get food for dinner to take into the park with us.
My day at Disneyland was magical from the second they pinned my Happy Birthday badge on my shirt. Every ride I rode the employees wished me happy birthday, small children ran up to me and told me happy birthday- what more can you ask for.
The day was full of happy memories of going to Disneyland when I was a kid and on my honeymoon with Enoch! Long live Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, running to every ride, Fantasmic, mickey leading the fireworks, animated characters, sore legs, Birthdays, and wonderful, sneaky husbands!
Jesse and I are both Cowgirl Princesses
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (our favorite Disneyland show)
Mickey, you are the best
I'm so happy you got to go to Disneyland on your bday this year ;) that is awesome. I'm actually feeling like I want to go to Disneyland. Ty gets in free once a year to Disneyworld/land. I'm gonna try for Disneyworld if I can help it. I love that place!!!
ReplyDeleteWAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHat is awesome$ Marissa! Now if only i could by chance be in California on Dec. 6.....!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think this is one of my favorite stories...SO EXCITING!! That's so cool to have everyone wishing you a Happy Birthday all in one day, even from strangers...so I take it you didn't miss that I never was able to talk to you that day then, huh? yeah, you're over it. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got a Happy Birthday pin! And I must say, way to go Enoch for the surprise! You deserved a Disney day Marissa!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday! That is so cute of Enoch--I love surprises too, but it is hard to get me. I wish that Gabe would take me to Disneyland on my birthday! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete