Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Reflections

This year Enoch and I were asked to sing in the stake Christmas fireside. When I agreed to it I thought we would be singing with another couple for some reason; however, it soon became very apparent to me that was not the case. I love singing and all, but I have not have many successful experiences logged in front of people before- you can imagine my anxiety.

With that being said, Sunday rolls around and Enoch and I were frantically practicing good ol 'What Child is This' all morning and praying even harder that things would work out. The day continued and soon the fireside arrived. The program was beautiful, based off Charles Dickens’s experiences while writing the Christmas Carol with the overall theme of Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards All. The other musicians were serious all professions I could swear and they didn't even sweat a beat, yet Enoch and I trembling got up and managed to finish our number. We were nothing special I can assure you, but once I sat down I become so overwhelmed by the thought that I was and have been able to do so many things I never thought were possible. Singing the duet with my sweet husband was just a small example of this as this year as I have moved to a new place, attended school somewhere different, made many enormous decisions, got married... the list goes on. Therefore, this Christmas will stand out to me as a time where I have defied my self-imposed limits and attempted to stretch and share my talents. I have learned to never put a barrier on what I can, or each of us can do.

3 comments:

  1. I love the last line you wrote "I have learned to never put a barrier on what I can, or each of us can do." Its so true! Hope alls well!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I just wish I had been there to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa, I love to see each time you stretch your wings and realize, Yeah I was ment to fly. You have been blessed with so many gifts and opportunites, SOAR!!!! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete