Friday, February 12, 2010

LA Initiation Complete

Yesterday I played a little pick up soccer some African/Jamaican and Asian brothers (sorry if that was not the political correct way to put it) Anyhow the point of the story is this….. I scored, and following the event I was received into the culturally diverse fold. Me, Vanilla, was accepted as they cheered on the "white girl" and gave me high fives. So I have arrived- I have made it in LA baby, my initiation is complete. However, I may or may not be able to understand all the forms of English here.

4 comments:

  1. To say that I am proud of you would be quite the understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE arrived!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) that makes me laugh. You can always ask what something means. Chances are, I know what they are talking about (esp. since I am part Asian, and my brother also thinks he's black...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear long lost sister,
    I want to be your friend again! Let' chat! And I am surprised you don't think you look Asian...

    ReplyDelete