Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tour Guide Marissa


Well I officially have given my first tour of Los Angeles. My family came down for a week to escape the cold Utah climate and we partied it up. I deliberated for weeks making lists of the top sights I wanted to take them to and we ended up going to see the Getty Center, downtown Culver City, Hollywood area, my favorite hike in the Pacific Palisades, the Santa Monica Promenade and Pier, La Brea Tar Pits, and Venice Beach for a little surfing. Enoch had class two of the days so it was up to me to show them around, well me and my trusty GPS (a little side note about buying a GPS, it is quite possibly the best purchase we have ever made living in LA. For me the little black box equals total liberation)

It was an interesting position being the host and worrying about all the details- making sure everyone enjoys themselves and then trying to be patient when traffic threatens your plans. But it felt good to show my family where I love and how my life is. The weather was absolutely perfect, much warmer than it has been in a while.

The final three and a half days we went down to Anaheim to the always wonderful Disneyland! And yes my family and Enoch and I are all annual pass holders= more fun to come.

One of the many highlights of the week was my mom's famous "Restaurant of Love" on Valentines Day. I was so excited they were coming for the holiday because she goes all out, it is always fun to see what she comes up with. I brainstormed with here a bit telling here she could easily do something with a Hollywood Theme or of course Disneyland.... but the final decision was Pink's hot dogs. The ideas was perfect. After church we battled traffic and went to Lake Hollywood Park. She grilled us the most gourmet hot dogs I have every tasted from a Mullholland Drive Dog to a Martha Stewart Dog. The tradition lives on
Even the Hollywood sign covered over by Save the Peak
didn't spoil our Pink Hot Dog experience

what better places for jumping pictures




Some Beach fun

And now for the Happiest Place on Earth


6 comments:

  1. :-) glad your fam had fun! It looked like a blast! I feel like I need a CA trip in my mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so fun. I miss my Marissa/Enoch fix! I totally know what you mean, by the way, about GPS being a liberation. I feel the same way in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Marissa, so I see more of your pictures that I need to have sent to me. It really was a great time and both of you did a good job of planning out a good time for us. Note:We are still trying to ween Jared away from his infactuation with "Heather" the GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had a blast. Could someone please invent a way to "beam me" out to California so I don't have to miss out on all the fun? Or maybe create a continental shift that would align Michigan, Utah, and California so we could just drive on over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our GPS has it's own seat belt in our car. How could you ever get around in California without one? I submit that you could not. People without a GPS end up joining gangs and adding to the teenage pregnancy statistics. That's how much they change your life.
    I love your mom. I tell everyone about your Valentines Day tradition. Someday I'm going to be creative enough to make a restaurant of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come and visit! It sounds like you guys had a blast. I sure miss you, any idea when you'll be in Utah next?

    ReplyDelete