Tuesday, April 26, 2011

SoCal Ragnar 2011


RAGNAR: noun/verb/
/noun/ A 200 mile relay race characterized by scarce sleep, extreme hills, costumes, van lovin', reflective vests and head lamps, Subway sandwiches, bottled water, and RACE INVADERS.

/verb/ To Ragnar-to think you are going to die going up a 948 ft elevation gain in 5.2 miles of 80+ degree weather at 3 pm. To run in the middle of the night and feel on top of the world. To weave in and out of pedestrians at the beach. To count your slays. To feel like your feet weigh a million pounds. To sport a stylish reflective snap bracelet while running. To have the worlds greatest husband come along as the fearless Van 2 driver to 6 smelly runners who could only focus on their upcoming legs and bowel movements. To carry your own precious Ragnar toilet paper into the nasty Andy Gump's because you know their ain't going to be any toilet paper inside. To get a hotel room for 5 hours. To see costumes you wish you wouldn't have seen. To take the scenic route from Huntington Beach to Coronado(around Camp Pendleton) To survive to tell the tale






(to see some costumes you wish you wouldn't have seen)



6 comments:

  1. Go you! I had no idea what a ragnar was, but it sounds fun! What? Did I just say racing was fun?! :) I swear all the time I would never run any race of that nature, but I actually think I'd consider something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! to go from some six mile runs to the beach and back all the way to suddenly you are Ragnar. Way to go Marissa. One of those good events to add to your life story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! That's awesome. I'm not so sure about the 6 man teams for Ragnar, 12 sounds a lot nicer! :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had 5 friends blog about running in a Ragnar, and I've yet to hear a good reason as to why. But really, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing it in June, I am so excited. Thanks for finally posting! We should do northern cali together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Marissa. That is great! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete