Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Warriors






After inheriting a well loved and interestingly adorned table and four chairs from a family in my home ward, Enoch and I have attempted our first refinishing project. When Enoch took one of the chairs into the carpentry/ paint shop their first reaction was, "run," well three Saturdays later, sanded fingerprints, sore backs, frozen bodies, sunburn, and $12 of sandpaper into the project, we realized they were right. Whoever thought spindles was a good idea was wrong, very wrong! We better love those cursed chairs when we are done is all I can say. Anyhow, it has been fun making the epoch journey to my parents house each Saturday to work on the famed chairs (the only furniture we have to our names.) Enoch has proven himself the true hero in the project and has diligently worked as I come and go. We love the adventure of newly married life!

4 comments:

  1. We did several of those. It feels so good to know that you paid nothing for your furniture. I want to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy that I could conveniently gone as you did the project! Have fun painting the chairs! Did you rub all the skin off your fingers? If you did maybe you rub the finger print of! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. At least you have chairs. We have not a ONE chair in our house! How lame! But we are saving for it. We like to buy things that will last so ... its the floor as our dining room table/chairs for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makamae, I fear our house would be the same way if it did not come furnished. But furnished apartments come at a price (I fear our bed is more like a hammock than a bed at this point) We decided that since we would be moving soon that we wanted the least amount of stuff as possible.

    ReplyDelete