Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Little Announcement

After waiting 4 months and 27 days I have finally received the news that I was admitted into California State University Northridge's Master's of Health Administration Program! Such a happy day for me as I have changed my mind 3.7 billion times up to this point in my undergraduate degree, then I moved to California to throw another wrench in the plans. (This post may refresh your memories of some of my educational crisis up to this point) Anyhow I will graduate from BYU in August and then a week later I will begin the master's program.

To be honest I had no intention of pursing a graduate degree when I entered college and when the idea crept into my head I would shoe it out with the worry that I couldn't get accepted. I have since grown up, gained some confidence, and got married (that really was what did the trick) Enoch and I will attend the same school and yes, our programs are even in the same building although my program is mostly in the evening. The Health Administration program is two years, which will make for a very happy day for our little family when we both graduate summer of 2012.

My closing remarks are these: education is so important- gain all you can, sometimes (and for me all-the-time) you have to fight for what is important to you, there is no such thing as Senior-itis when you already know you are going to grad school after, Cal State Graduate Admissions deserves a kick in the face for not processing my application until I inquired about it in March, I am grateful for the Northridge Earthquake which contributes to the more updated campus today, I think this news deserves a trip to Europe, and Go Matadors!

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome Ris! What a cool degree. Isn't it so true about grad degrees. I only started mine because we wanted to get me on some cheap student insurance. But now I love it too much to leave (taking a semester off helped with my appreciation of it though--good luck with your 5 day break!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! I thought you were going to be prego;) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! You are going to be amazing! I'm not surprised at all you were accepted--they would be crazy not to take you. Congrats--I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rissa!!!! You're an inspiration, maybe you'll motivate me to go to graduate school. :) And congrats on graduating from BYU as well! Especially going the IS route - that's hard!! Love ya friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariss, you are awesome. How fun that you and E pants will graduate together. And I'll graduate then too. And Carly. Then we can all take a trip to Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, when I saw "my little announcement" i thought I was going to read that y'all were pregnant! But this is fun news too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Marissa!! That's awesome news. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to Go, Marissa! I'm so excited for you! Isn't going to school great? :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you! You have worked hard for this!!! Take a day off, go to DISNEYLAND!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! It's about time those people let you know! Congrats. That is fabulous news. But this doesn't mean you get to move away now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Marissa, This is so cool. You are an inspiration to us all. I am so happy for you. Way to go! Enjoy and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete