Monday, June 18, 2012

The Master Mills

Up to this point Enoch and I have collectively dedicated over 40 years of our lives in school to reach the status of Master Mills! In the end I can confidently say that it was totally worth it.  I would often day dream throughout our program of receiving our degrees together to keep me going and now that day has come. We look forward to all of the adventures and learning in our future and hope we can do some good with our brains.  

I am so grateful for supportive parents who encouraged us, set the example of education in our lives and softened the blow of Los Angeles living expenses.  I am also grateful for the California Grants and Scholarships we received.  If I have learned anything, from obtaining this degree I have learned that we are capable of a lot more then we think and that persistence, perseverance, and faith work miracles.


Here is our dedicated cheering section at the commencement ceremony
My parents earned supporters of the year for coming from Utah to attend all of the festivities.  We loved having them around and exploring LA and Orange County with them.
  (Enoch's parents were also able to participate via a live webcam of the event from their mission in Salt Lake)
Enoch's classmates at their award dinner

4 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys! Thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congrats Marissa! I'm so excited for both of you. It's amazing being done with school, but like you said, so worth it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!! That is quite an acclomplishment, and to have done it together is so cool. Now, where's a picture of that belly? You are getting so close!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls just saw your pics.... Nattie: "She was my nursery teacher!!!" :) Emmie totally remembered you too. So glad. Congrats to you both! It was so good to see you guys last month! Next time you are in UT give us a call.

    ReplyDelete