This year for mothers' day my mom requested that we write about an experience we have had with her. I thought I would share it on my blog so everyone could see how truly amazing my mother is.
When we moved from South Jordan I thought I would never make be able to have another best friend. I was often discouraged as I searched and searched for someone to fill that place. However, during that time I came to realize I had found someone to fill that void. Someone with unconditional love for me, someone who knew me better than anyone- mom you were my best friend.
Everyday the scenario was the same; I would rush in the door from school, throw off my backpack, grab a snack and then begin to recap each and every event that occurred to me that day. With extreme detail, I would unfold dramatic life of a 6th grader as the afternoon quickly passed by. I would rarely go and play with friends, but instead follow you around the house and talk to you as you cooked dinner, folded the laundry, and every other spare moment you had. I cannot imagine the patience it must have taken to listen to all my stories, but during these times a bond formed, trust and honesty flowed freely. You demonstrated that what mattered to me, truly mattered to you.
Years have gone by and although I am not able to follow you around every afternoon, our friendship continues. I am not sure if my stories have improved any, nevertheless after every big event, test, or decision you are where I turn to share this piece of my life. From cooking, good deals, fun activities, and advice I can always turn to you.
Mom your consistent example of love and friendship has had an enormous influence to me. I feel like I have been the luckiest girl in the world to be tutored from you daily. In the past general conference the talk by Elder Foster of the Seventy resonated with my feeling for you as he remarked, “perhaps the reason we respond so universally to our mothers’ love is because it typifies the love of our Savior.”
Thank you for all the wonderful memories you have created for me during the countless afternoons’ we shared together.
I love you,
Marissa
No comments:
Post a Comment