Saturday, October 1, 2011

Birthday, Birthdays Coming to Earth Days

Introducing Enoch: Adventurous, Handsome, Smart, and now 27.  We were in Utah for Enoch's birthday this year.  In asking him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he quickly responded that he wanted to kayak down the Provo River, so kayaking we did.  Although I feel like Enoch is now officially old, he still is the best around.  To finish off the day, I invited some of E's roommates over for a BBQ and badminton. 



I myself have stayed quite young, I don't feel like 23 is threatening in the least bit. I have become quite the mastermind in double birthdays as of late, so while in Utah I naturally requested my birthday to be celebrated in advance.  Enoch informed me that kayaking would be a good idea to celebrate, so kayaking we went.  Naturally, the family is becoming much more proficient and outrageous in the kayaking arena- I feel like kayaking is becoming a new family tradition.   Being the indecisive person I am , I have great difficulty choosing anything.... so I have resolved to give full rein to my mom in choosing my birthday meal.   However, it sufficeth me to say that her cooking was a highlight of my birthday experience.   

Determined to make the most of my birthday I carefully planned my day, which ended up being quite the LA day.  A bike ride to the Marina to take pictures, a pesto panini for lunch, a makeover and new Mac makeup, temple time, dinner at Cha-Cha Chicken, a stroll along the Santa Monica Promenade, and finally ice cream at Downtown Culver City.  



Caribbean Enchilada's, who would have thought those two words would ever go together.    
 I have been dying to have this carrot cake since I first tried it at the Plewe's.  Enoch did a fabulous job making it, it did not disappoint.  

2 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1) I love scripture scouts.
    2) I love you.
    and
    3) (even though it was not in the original plan of two comments) I must say you are getting very good at this photo business!!!

    ReplyDelete