Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Strange Encounters

Here is a crazy story from last week:
I was getting ready for bed and combing my hair in the bathroom when I heard something in the bedroom.  Enoch was moving our car because the next day was street sweeping and we are sick of getting slapped with lame tickets for being parked on the wrong side of the street, so I knew the sound couldn’t be coming from him.  Surely, someone had not entered the house, I would have heard that to.  I temporarily froze and then gradually built up enough courage to go and investigate.  I entered the bedroom and heard it again, but wait… it is was coming from above my head.  I look up and lock eyes with a raccoon staring at me from the sky light, the audacity don’t these animals know what privacy is. Naturally I clap my hands because that scares all annoying wild life, namely crows and the like.  Lest you think that this was the first time that an animal has crawled on our roof be not deceived, we always hear the squirrels frolic across the roof chasing each other probably for the last acorn of Los Angeles (squeak, squeakith) and occasionally we see passing possums out our window crossing the cinderblock wall, but this stare down was a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment