I am not one to have too many pet peeves, but lately the world is going to end attitude about politics and the economy have gotten to me. We elect a democratic president and everyone is predicating the absolute worst possible scenario for our country, we are in an economic downturn and everyone panics like we are reliving the depression, it doesn't rain for a few weeks and people are complaining about how bad things are, the healthcare reform bill passes, proposition 8 happens, global warming, etc etc etc.
We live in a troubled world, we are imperfect people with an imperfect knowledge and understanding about the world around us. However, the bottom line is we DO have a very loving Heavenly Father watching out for us, he is in control and KNOWS what he is doing. I am not advocating a life of irresponsibility, but their is reason to rejoice, there is reason to be optimistic about the future, we are so blessed.
I just finished reading the Book of Mormon and reading it this time gave me a different perspective about our day. Mormon has just watched the total destruction of his people in spirit and body, and yet the words he leaves his son are still filled with hope, "My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written down grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ life thee up, and his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and eternal life, rest in your mind forever. " (Moroni 9:25)
Let us live life with a little more faith, perspective, and hope. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7)
M Star I love you! That was a great thought that definitely boosted my day :). Thanks. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteAmen! I met a Bosnian refugee the other day who gave me some perspective on the meaning of 'problems' and 'stress.' Sure, things aren't perfect, but we are so blessed. I loved this post.
ReplyDeleteYou are very wise Marissa! I love your optimism. We miss you.
ReplyDelete