Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Testing Jedi Warrior

And for the fastest test taker on the planet...... Marissa Mills!

After a very vexing go with the independent study office to get my exams sent to the Northridge testing center, I finally was able to take both my anthropology and my humanities midterms. The entire situation required all the patience I have or ever thought I had as I was told that Northridge was registered with them BYU independent study numerous times (which they were) and then they sent the tests to the wrong person at Northridge and so she had no idea what to do with them and sent them back (further delaying the process) so when I finally figured out what had happened they overnighted the exams. Seriously, taking a test should not be that complicated.

Anyhow today I felt blessed to finally be able to take them! It was hard to know how much I should study because I had never taken one of these classes before, but I was pleasantly surprised to recognize most of the questions from previous speedback quizzes. Anyhow the point I am trying to make is this.... I took the Humanities 113 question exam in a bit over 40 minutes and then the Anthropology 40 question exam in 15 min. I was always jealous of those people who turned in their tests like an hour before I was finished- wondering if they were genius or didn't care enough to even read the questions, however I would like to associate myself today with the first of these options. So why would a person be bragging about this- well the fee was $15 an hour. So my friends with checking my answers twice I still was able to finish in an hour total. Paying $15 never felt so dang good.

I am a Jedi Warrior, don't mess with this, and keep these easy test comin'

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am taking my first two tests in a couple of weeks, and I sincerely hope it goes as well. It is hard when you don't talk to the professor to complain about wrong answers and why their answer is totally wrong, not to mention not being able to have your expectations clearly set for how an exam is going to play out. Well, we can do it! Good luck! MTFBWY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's ludicrous that ANYONE should have to pay money to take a test...those are my two least favorite things in the world...practically. But good job! You're wicked smart!

    ReplyDelete