Last night I was up a bit later than Enoch. Anyhow I was so glad I was when he mumbled something about the TMJ joint and that it was ok .....(I don't remember/ couldn't make out the rest) I was cracking up and tried to coax him to keep going, so he repeated it again and then said never mind. I have a few conclusions from this sleep talking episode
1- Enoch must do so well in school because he dreams about this stuff- I have wondered for years now how he does it, but now the cat is out of the bag
2- Physical Therapy is taking over our life
So to end this story, I pretty much loved that I heard Enoch talk in his sleep for the first time and then that he was using all sorts of physical therapy lingo. It reaffirm the many day to day interactions with him telling me that he really loves what he is learning, it comes so naturally to him, and PT is absolutely the right fit for him. What a wonderful place to be in, I'll get there someday.
I need you to analize some of my crazy sleep talking to get some deep meaning from it. I just know that it could reveal what I'm supposed to be when I grow up or something. It was so great the other night, Dad and I were talking in bed and he started saying things that didn't make sense. All of a sudden he stopped and said "I started to fall asleep" in an incredulous tone. After all of these years where I did this to him it was sweet to here him so it.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. Enoch has been finally admitted into the nerd club. Doing something during the day is one thing, but dreaming about it is totally separate. I am jealous. I'm not there yet either, but Gabe definitely is. Marissa, you and I will arrive soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. I have yet to hear Ty talk in his sleep. He does other stuff, but definitely doesn't talk! lol. Anyway, glad to hear things are going well for y'all! We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBarry talks about accounting in his sleep. A couple of nights ago, he asked his boss in his sleep if he is an asset or a liability. He talks in his sleep a lot but the other night was the first time I actually caught most of it.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I love it! Sleep talking is the best! And congrats on the awesome test taking! That is the best use of $15 for BYU I've ever seen. :)
ReplyDeleteI woke up the other night to Dallin cheering for the cougars in his sleep. Let's just say March Madness has consumed our lives... I'm going to tell Dallin to try and be more like Enoch and sleep talk about school :)
ReplyDelete